Saturday, October 21, 2006

My travel journal - Part 3

Day 6 (Thursday, 21st Sep):
- Woke up damn late due to late night arrival the day before. Spent some time to explore our tiny hotel room. Hmmmm.... there's the toilet bowl.. not just any toilet bowl... itz THE toilet bowl that can help you wash either a tiny part or the whole of your buttocks. You can even choose between the 3 different levels of water pressure and also the duration. Didn't try that though... I find it too funny to stomach.

- Travelled down to Danshui via the MRT. Tried out their famous soya bean dessert (black soya beancurd + other ingredients), Jay Chou's favourite wanton stall (the wanton's damn good, big and cheap!) and bought 5 pairs of shoes from one single shop.

- One of shops along Danshui Lao Jie (DanShui old street) even sold tarantulas and etc... EEEEEEEEE!!! Go figure.

- Went down to Shilin night market for dinner cum supper. wahahhaha!!! A lot of cute puppies (in the pet shops) and a lot of jap-influenced cutie stuff. But I didn't buy much 'coz I'm getting too old for that.


Day 7 (Friday, 22nd Sep):
- Went shopping around Taipei the whole day. Can't even remeber which are the places. hahaha. But I did met up with my Taiwan counterparts (colleagues) for dinner near their office. The Thai food's not bad and the it was drizzling outside.

- Went back to hotel room after that and went to another night market for a quick stroll. There! We found one of the food stall owner's daughter keeping a little piglet as pet. Damn cute. But i wonder where it will go once it grows too big for their comfort. :(


Day 8 (Saturday, 23rd Sep):
- Went down to Book Street and bought a lot of cutesy stuff, including a lot of Jimmy's collectibles (i.e.: cups, namecard holder, musical ball, card holder, bookmarks & etc). I must be mad. Just one shop alone where I bought all these Jimmy stuff, I spent more than S$200.

- Bought a lot of jap fashion magazines as well. A lot cheaper to buy there than in SG. I could get one at S$7 there while it costs abt S$13 over here. And PC bought the entire set of Slam Dunk comics for abt S$200. Well... he mentioned that he would spend a lot more over here. Prob around S$400???

- Damn hungry. Didn't have breakfast. Went to one of the lanes and had black pepper beef for lunch. Verdict? Dun ever try black pepper stuff (be it chicken, pork or watever) in TWN. Most of those that I'd tried was well... really not to my taste.

- Had the beef noodle (recommneded by one of our ex-colleagues) in Book Street too. Not too bad. But I still prefer the one I'd tried along the roadside in Kaoshiung. And that was a lot cheaper too.

Labels: