Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ice Skating

Ok... I wasn't exactly skating on ice today. It was more like 'walking'. I felt like a robot while I was at it. Not bad for a first timer. At least I didn't fall flat on my face or get my arse wet.

Never mind those human barriers along the rink (I must confess that I'm part of them at times when I could hardly balance myself)

OR

those freaky circumstances - think hit-and-miss accidents, where other first timers nearly crashed into me or some other idiotic peole hogging the rink to chit-chat with their friends who were OUTSIDE the rink

OR

kids skating gracefully on ice. Damn!!! It made me feel sooooo shameful as I try to balance myself while they whizzed past me like nobody's business. They should start behaving their age!!

Nay... I'm just jealous. After 2 hrs on ice, I'm getting there but not quite. Well, at least I could "walk" around the rink without any support... to think I'd wanted to do figure skating when I was a kid.

Dream, dream, dream (*song*)...

Labels: