Saturday, September 15, 2007

Prelude to Taiwan Trip 07

August 30, Thursday (Night)
Working late in the office. Unwell. Must be the apple struddle. Had left it out on my table for too long before I ate it. Tuk came. Sent me home. Went down to get some dinner for us while I wallow in pain on my bed. Too weak to even walk. Tried one sip of fishball soup. Walah! Merlion... Took some left over pills to stop the nausea and the vomit. Ended up eating nothing at all.


August 31, Friday
Doc gave me a day MC. Felt bad about abandoning all my work to my colleague. Went back to office to finish up whatever I could and did a handover. Supposed to stay till lunch but ended up leaving aound 5.30pm. Without having any breakfast and lunch. Survived on a can of sweet non-carbonated drink before I left the office. Felt slightly better than the day before though.


September 1, Saturday
Felt a lot better and decided to go extract my wisdom tooth (the only one left - right upper jaw). The doc was good. It was done in less than 5 mins. Went home and washed that tooth and soaked it in bleach before I could store it with my other teeth :P


Let me see... I have my wisdom teeth in there plus 2 decayed teeth and 4 teeth that I had to extract before I could do my braces the other time. Yeah! Trophies of my life.

Gung-ho enough to go meet up with Wanlin and Adrian to watch that Rat show. Not too bad. Makes you think that cooking gourmet dishes is easier than you thought. Had pop-corn and ice lemon tea too (which I shouldn't have after wisdom tooth extraction just less than 3 hours ago). :P But I was starving and we were almost late for the show.


September 2, Sunday
Merlion resurfaced. Trying to be extra gung-ho about myself. Decided to go ahead with my hair cut at Novena. Damn. I felt weak. I could barely brace myself against the wind as I tried to flag for a cab to fulfill my hair cut appointment on a rainy day. Stumbled back to a neighboring block to rest and called tuk. I'm down again.
Couldn't take it. Family doc's closed. Had to take a cab down to Mount Alvernia instead.

Doc said: "Could be the anasthetic they gave you when you went for wisdom tooth extraction. It can cause some patients to vomit and the effects of the drug can actually last up to 36 hours. So maybe you have gotten it as your stomach's already weakened so all the symptoms set in at one time."

Ahhh~ lesson learnt.

Decided to take doc's advice and go on MC on Monday. Didn't want to risk my health and trip although I felt really, really bad about leaving my colleague in the lurch when we were really busy.


September 4, Tuesday
Weak. But gathered all my strength to get to work. Couldn't take it by lunch. Couldn't even touch my fishball noodles. Only managed to force myself to take the fishballs. Otherwise, I swear I would faint. Poor colleague of mine had to take over work from me and I left for Mount Alvernia again around 3 plus.

Another doc said: "There's still virus left in your abdomen. You should come back tomorrow for a blood test to see if the virus had attacked your liver."

Poor me said: "But I'm travelling..."

Doc said: "Then I'll give you stronger dose and hope that helps during your trip."

Then he gave me half day MC. Hid the new dosage in my bag so that my parents won't discover that I'm still very sick and disallow me to travel...


September 5, Wednesday
Weak but well enough to travel :)

Labels: