Sunday, January 13, 2008

Japan Trip Dec 07 (recap) - Day 2

DAY 2
22nd Dec 07 (Sat) – 6.20am


Guess what I just saw? Snow-scape! The sun’s not up yet so I couldn’t get a clear picture for you guys to see. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a picture on a snow-scape sunrise further down the road though. The train’s equipped with heater, so ain’t feeling the bite of the frost yet.


22nd Dec 07 (Sat) – 8am ++
Just some shots that I took…















22nd Dec 07 (Sat) – 10.36am
I made it! Less than 5mins of alighting Akebono train at Aomori, I found my train and boarded it (Super Hakujo 9) just in time! As there’s no seat available, you can imagine a damn sleepy and hungry me, half-sitting on my luggage en route to Hakodate. The journey took approx. 3hrs.

The snow’s an interesting sight. But after seeing it constantly for some time, it made me real sleepy. But I couldn’t bring myself to sleep as I fear I would miss my stop.

It’s hot on the train, but I couldn’t take off my winter coat as it’s freezing when the train doors open.


22nd Dec 07 (Sat) – 11.29am
Within the 3-hr span, about 10 pple had ‘visited’ the toilet that’s just beside where I’m standing (plus a few others who didn’t get a seat). But 2 of them had the same unpleasant surprise.

There’s a panel of buttons outside the toilet door. Meaning, the opening and closing of the door was done electronically. You would have to press one of the buttons to open the door and press another button (inside the toilet itself) to close it. Uncertain if it was the two ladies who didn’t lock the doors properly or if the door was malfunctioning, they were caught in the act (at separate times by different people) of peeing with their pants down when people thought the toilet was empty and opened the door!

As you might have guessed, I saw everything… haiz. And I don’t think I was the only one. The only thing that I found comforting was that I needn’t use the toilet while I was on the train.


22nd Dec 07 (Sat) – 12 noon ++
Got myself a kani (crab) bento at 840 yen before I transfer to another train from Hakodate and Aomori. Sure looked appetizing, doesn’t it?





22nd Dec 07 (Sat) – 12 noon ++
Additional pictures that I took en route to Sapporo from Hakodate...















22nd Dec 07 (Sat) – 5pm++
Here I am, finally at Sapporo to see White illumination for myself!










To be honest, I thought the X'mas decorations @ Orchard's nicer. But it lacked of the "white x'mas" factor. Sapporo on the other hand, won hands down with its snowy weather - it sure gave me the X'mas feel :)

And here’s tanukikoji (shopping district)...



For images on the scenic views I took along the trip, check out the link underneath my image on the top left hand corner. More details later!! Jya ne!

Labels: