Monday, September 15, 2008

25th...

It's that dreaded time of the year again when you totally loathe double digits and when reality hits you real hard... time has no mercy and is slipping you by with every passing second, every breath.

How many years have passed since I was 18? I rather not count.

How many years have we known each other? God. I rather not tell.

And just how many years have I been sitting here, whining my life away? I rather not recall.

Truth be told, age to me is nothing to fear about. Not now. Not at this stage.

But someday i will.

Someday when no amount of make-up will help. When no amount of comfort will do. When my limbs no longer listen to my command (well, it happens sometimes even now...).

But hey! I'm still in "now".

So I shall not brood over "someday" too much.

Reaching 25 is hardly a milestone for me. Just another usual day in my usual life.

But it was great receiving sms-es from frenz and fun catching up with the gang the weekend before to have a "August babies" dinner @ The Ship. Honestly, when I first heard the restaurant's name, I almsot flipped. I was like "HUH? The sheep or the ship? We eating on a ship?".

Yah... very duh of me.

Anywayz, it was kinda funny when 2 guys started ordering and drooling over their "3 little lambs", the smilies duo who eventually managed a very "stressed smile", and the "hidden duo" who seemed far too conspicuous.



We even got our long-time pal back in the gang! Hooray!!!!!!

Phew! No uninvited guest.

After dinner, we ventured to the cafe just outside Borders. Just as I was ordering Tiramisu, our dear Ms. Tan suddenly blurted out "Why you order Tiramisu?? The Tiramisu here is not nice! I tried before!"

Totally oblivious to the poor waitress standing there...

And she repeated once more...

To save the waitress from any embarrassment, I just re-affirmed my order with her. That's when Ms. Tan realised and almost "died" on the spot while Wei Siang, Wanlin and I just exchanged glances with one another and stared at her... HAhahaha

As for Akong? He was busy explaining to the little girl why we called him "Guai bei bei" (weird old man) and also trying to convince her that he's not.

Soon after Lenus and Oon returned from the loo trip, we knew why Ms. Tan had vervently disregarded the tiramisu... they had 2 slices of cheese cake for us...

Awwww... that's so sweet...

So after that whole episode, Wanlin and I got our pressies...

My precious Agnes b. passport holder (^ 0 ^)/ Luv it!



And Wanlin with her porter bag...



Should have shot those demos that Lenus did to show Wanlin how to use the bag.. Simply hilarious...

Ahhh~ what a 25th...

Labels: