Sunday, August 30, 2009

大戸屋 (OOTOYA) @ Orchard Central

Just last Saturday evening, we went for Japanese cuisine at the newly opened Orchard Central. The restaurant’s called 大戸屋 (OOTOYA) and was located on the 8th floor of the building. We had to wait for about an hour before we got a table for four. And after tasting the food, I came to understand why it was so popular and why the hour-long wait.

Firstly, the food was great. Secondly, the food’s moderately priced (about S$13 to S$20 for the main course). Thirdly, the atmosphere was great – reminded me of eating in Japan. And lastly, service was good.

It was the first time I ever tasted soft-shell-crab-like chicken. Very interesting indeed. And for a carnivorous person like me to eat more than half of the sliced cabbage heap, it was definitely a good sign. The desserts great as well. Thumbs up! :)

Too bad the restaurant doesn’t take reservations. So if I wanna go dine there again (which I most probably will), I have to make sure that I’m not in a rush ‘coz it’s gonna be another hour-long wait!

Labels: