Sunday, January 31, 2010

Once in a while...



... you just get so easily lost in the urban jungle that you can't even remember what it is like to fall or how big the universe actually is. You get narrow-minded, petty and all caught up in the whole, mad, rat race. Sometimes it takes such a great effort to make a mental note. A mental note to just look up at the skies and think, "somewhere out there, right now, in another dimension, there's someone just like me, standing somewhere, or nowhere, looking at the same skies that I am now. Someone who's doing the same thing(s) as I am. Same one who has gone through the same things as I did." Somehow, it makes you feel just a tact less lonely. And then you realize, the world keeps revolving. It won't stop even if I'm gone. Even if I'm wiped out from the surface of this earth, literally. The mad, rat race will still go on its course. The sun still comes up and goes down every single day. But a few heartbeats will skip its tune and perhaps in years to come, all that marks my existence is nothing but rusty memories in the minds of those few heartbeats. And in a few decades more, when those few heartbeats can skip no more - nothingness. I'm all but a shell that once walked the surface of this earth. Those ridiculous or outrageous things that I've committed in this lifetime are nothing but hazy memories in the other shells that once shared the same surface of this earth with me. Then it dawns on me that it's ok to fall sometimes. I'll just pick myself up from where I left off, look at the skies and think to myself that it's just all part of life.

Labels: ,