Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I absolutely LOATHE morning mtgs

I can't even remember when was the last time I had to wake up so darn early! I'd to drag myself out of bed at 7am on a freaking Monday morning (talk about Monday blues), rushed out by 7.30am, and got to the office just in time for the 8am mtg. My hair's a mess, makeup-less (almost) and dressed the most shabbily. Arghh... morning meetings... gets to me EVERY TIME and my mind's always hibernating in its own la la land at that time of the day. The only plus point was the passing scenery whilst cabbing to work.


Sony Ericsson T707 + Adobe Lightroom

And I wonder if this (waking up so darn early) was part of the reason why I'd lost my temper TWICE @ work today. Something that seldom happens. Hmmm... not good. Not a good sign at all. Better find some way to get my calmness back.

Was pretty stressed up last week. Well, this week too with the work starting to pile up and deadlines upon deadlines. Am kinda starting to manage it somehow. Or rather, "stress" has morphed into "frustration" for me. It wasn't at all pleasant to find out last week that someone I'd been coaching for at least the past 6 months wasn't grateful for the guidance I'd offered (even though she appeared to be grateful in front of me) and was kinda bad-mouthing about me to another person - or so I was told by 2 sources. I don't appreciate that.

What's worst was when things went wrong, she did not even flag when I'd mentioned numerous times before to flag if there's any issue. I'm there to help. Nope. Nothing. All's good. Or so I was told. And so I assumed... until I got an email from XXX questioning on the progress. That's when "hell" unraveled for me and I'd to spend extra time to cover her duties, right the wrong, straighten all confusions externally and internally, on top of my duties. Had to work till 3am on a Friday night. And did I mention that I hate bringing work home as well? Hell. I don't deserve that. ARGHHHHH!!! Not when I had brought up numerous times to flag if there's going to be or if they are issues.

And you know the saying:


Source: http://weheartit.com/entry/1624583

But since I didn't feel like having any dessert that day, I made up with other kinds of junk food/ indulgence instead. It's rare that my breakfast (on a weekday) consisted of something unhealthy. I've been trying to keep to the mentality of "my first meal of the day is the most impt meal and it should be as healthy as possible" 'coz I know for a fact that my lunch and dinner won't be. So on that Friday morning (after finding out about the unpleasant incidents on Wed/ Thurs night), I munched on a O'Chang Kee curry puff and a stick of nuggets. For lunch, I indulged in Prawn Aglio (expensive but nice meal) and for dinner, grilled dory (yet another expensive meal). Burnt a really huge hole that day.


Lego Digital カメラ + Adobe Lightroom

I really ought to start saving. SERIOUSLY.

Labels: ,