Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Some of the songs that I still love, even till this day...

1) Promise Me - Beverley Craven



You light up another cigarette and I pour the wine
It's four o'clock in the morning and it's starting to get light
now I'm right where I want to be losing track of time
but I wish that it was still last night
You look like you're in another world but I can read your mind
how can you be so far away lying by my side
when I go away I'll miss you and I will be thinking of you
every night and day just ...
Promise me you'll wait for me
'cause I'll be saving all my love for you and I will be home soon
Promise me you'll wait for me
I need to know you feel the same way too and I'll be home, I'll be home soon


2) Rainbow connection - Cover by Sarah Mclachlan



Why are there so many songs about rainbows and what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions, and rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me.
Who said that every wish would be heard and answered when wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that and someone believed it, and look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me.
All of us under its spell,
we know that it's probably magic....
Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me.
La, la la, La, la la la, La Laa, la la, La, La la laaaaaaa


3) Eternal Flame - The Bangles



Close your eyes give me your hand, darlin'
Do you feel my heart beating, do you understand, do you feel the same
Am I only dreaming. Is this burning an eternal flame.
I believe it's meant to be, darlin'
I watch you when you are sleeping you belong with me
Do you feel the same am I only dreaming
Or is this burning (burning) an eternal flame.
Say my name, sun shines through the rain
A whole life so lonely and then you come and ease the pain
I don't want to lose this feeling, oh.


4) Doesn't really matter - Janet Jackson




5) Somewhere out there - cover by Clay Aiken

Labels: