Monday, April 19, 2010

17th April (土曜日) - Celebrating Pa's 65th bd in advance

As Mr. Loh-Soh (my bro-in-law's nickname) may be traveling on Pa's actual day, we decided to celebrate in advance and had lunch @ Peach Garden 桃苑 (65 Chulia Street, OCBC Bldg). Food galore, everybody!



But those were what my family had. NOT ME.
STUPID ulcer. What a 'timely' appearance and a huge one at that - a 5mm slit, mind you. ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

As it's 'happily' situated near my jawline, every bite I took was a serious test to my patience and endurance level. I was biting back every single curse I could think of as I chewed through my food oh so carefully. Instead of gaining energy with each bite, I was pretty much giving in to cold sweat and oh so close to giving up eating altogether. #!%*@&%!&^#*!

So, in view of the circumstance, I ordered salty cream (mini) bun, soup, porridge and ended off my 'feast' with mango, pomelo sago in young coconut instead. All soft food that required little or no chewing. The food's great of course, but I'd rather have had the same course as the rest. HUMPH!



Oh well, at least Pa's happy with the food (and also because Kayley's around too to entertain us)...



And there's the nice skyscraper view...



And the entertainer in the family - Kayley the part-time disc jockey (using the table cloth as her jock disc)...

Labels: , ,