Saturday, June 26, 2010

19th June (土曜日) - Opera in the Park with frenz

After much anticipation, the girlies and I finally met up to attend our first ever 'Opera in the park' @ the Singapore Botanic Gardens. \(^ _ ^)/

As we didn't have much time to prepare our own picnic food, we met up at Scotts Isetan to get whatever we need instead - sandwiches, drinks, pastries and etc, before heading over to SBG.

And as we walked the long way up to the venue, we passed by this lovely pavilion that looked as if it was set against an autumn backdrop.



The only problem is... there's no autumn nor spring nor winter in SG. Only summer. All year. Nevertheless, the sight (including cute babies and dogs that we spotted along the way) lifted our spirits as we followed the crowd to the venue.

Just take a look at the crowd! Never knew Singaporeans are so 'onz' about opera/ orchestra. Well, there's a fair mix of Caucasians too though.



Here's the list on programme highlights:



While waiting for the event to start, we settled upon a nice picnic spot, spread out our mat and glanced around. Apart from noticing that most people had brought proper picnic food (i.e.: fruits, salads, home made food and WINE/ CHAMPAGNE), I was admiring the gigantic tree some distance from us. And as I watched the kids get in line to climb the root/ tree, I was extremely tempted to join them - not that I've ever climbed a tree and knew how to do it. I just wanted to do it. You know. Like interact with nature a bit more? Sadly though, just as I kinda made up my mind to do it, the opera started. So I stayed rooted on my butt.



Had some shots in between...



And as the evening continued, we laid relaxed on the mat and look up upon the darkening sky, whilst listening to live opera/ orchestra...



... and kept saying "DAMN! We should've at least bought some Barcadi Breezer. Next time, we shall bring that or champagne."

Labels: