Wednesday, July 21, 2010

15th July (木曜日) - Martial Combat @ RWS

Woooo~ attended my first ever "combat" show that day.

It started off funny ('coz of the way the amateur fighters were battling it out and the people behind me were giggling and laughing away at the 2 "kids" on stage), then it got a bit interesting when the Australian and U.S fighters took the stage. Was quite impressed by the mutual respect they showed each other before, during and even after the match - true sportsmanship.

But the one that got me all excited (and the rest of the audience too) was the round where the girls fought (one from China and the other from Philippines) - and man, they fought more aggressively than the guys. Within minutes, blood was oozing out from both of them. Oh boy, how I wish I could whip out those same ass-kicking moves and punches effortlessly. And oh! Not forgetting those damn-quick reflexes too. Just how did they master those moves? Damn.

Too bad I didn't bring my camera along so all I could do was to use my handphone to snap a pix of the ring. Sigh.



P.S: The final fight for the night was unfortunately a huge disappointment and a super big anti-climax. The Indian fighter surrendered at just round 1 (there's supposedly 5 rounds) and the winner was booed by the audience as he had made some impolite remarks and reactions towards his opponent during the fight and after he had defeated him. Gosh. What a disrespect towards the sport. That was kinda the spoiler for the night. Sheesh.

Labels: