Thursday, November 18, 2010

Engaged - 14th Nov (Sun)

I was kinda expecting him to propose when I came out from the gate (he hinted about it about 2.5 months ago when I was supposed to go to India on a business trip which fell through in the end), but he didn't. So I was a bit curious as to why he was behaving rather nervously around me - the way he spoke and wanting to rush to the toilet just right after he fetched me, which was not the norm. Then again, having taken a long flight back, I thought I was being a little paranoid. And as I was anxious to see my little niece again, I kinda put that thought behind me rather quickly. My family had arranged to meet us at the other terminal, where we would have dinner at the Chinese restaurant.

So off we went to take the skytrain to T3. And because I had so many barang barang, he had a hard time trying to get them all and to keep up with me after we alighted (p.s.: I offered to take some of them but he wouldn't let me). I ended up walking way in front of him as I was starving and rearing to go see my cute little niece.

Alas, from the corner of my eye, I saw a bunch of my friends. I was a kinda surprised that so many of them came to fetch me. But upon a slightly closer inspection, I realised that they were all wearing the same t-shirt design and baring this "evil" smile. Oh~oh.

When they stood together, this was what the T-shirt design read:



And he was the one wearing the word "Me".

A little surprised and super embarrassed, I moved further away from them and Tuk (who finally caught up) had to drag me back to them. And since he still had his hands occupied with my things, there was a long awkward silence that followed as he rushed to find the ring from his pockets/ bag.

Finally he found the ring and popped the question "Would you spend the remaining time with me?"



I was like thinking "Erhhhh? Are you/I dying or ????" at the back of my mind.

Then he realised his mistake and re-phrased the question to "Would you spend the rest of your life with me?".

After much cajoling from the "by-standers", I said "ok". And he fumbled to put on the ring for me (which was a size too big for me btw).



Well, although his proposal wasn't as perfect as he planned it to be (his sequence got messed up because of my barang barang), he deserved some credit for being able to "jio jio" so many of our friends to come on board his scheme.

And to my friends (the guys/ gals who braced themselves against weird stares from the public when they put on the T-shirt, the photographers, and the flower-giver), you guys are sibei lovely and 真够朋友啊。



*P.S: The bit about the family dinner turned out to be a pre-mediated plot.

Labels: ,