Thursday, September 01, 2011

Turning 28 @ the zoo - Part I

Yup. One of those odd days whereby you woke up feeling happy yet sad at the same time. Happy coz it's a day of celebration and sad coz I can start counting the wrinkles and white/ grey hair on me. Yup. Another year has gone by and hopefully another year of wisdom gained.

We initially planned to go to the Singapore Zoo at 9.30am but the morning rain stalled us . So we ended up lazying in bed till about 11am, packed up our load when the skies finally cleared and off we went to the zoo!

And boy was it crowded. Queued for nearly half hour before we got our hands on a pair of tix (complimentary for me from the zoo since it's my bd) and tucked ourselves into the expensive but delicious curry chicken at Ah Meng Cafe before heading in to explore the place.

It's kinda weird having a birthday badge (from the zoo; which I refused to pin it on and was just satisfied to have it sit in my palm) and a young attendant at the entrance wishing me 'Happy Birthday'. Gee... not sure if i should laugh or cry.

In any case, it was a fun trip despite the drizzle, the missing polar bears, the giant turtles which seemed like they had been shrunk by something and the ongoing renovations/ upgrades around the zoo.

























Labels: ,