Friday, March 18, 2005

Tale of the X-traction - 2 Wisdom Tooth (PART II)

Warning: Don't be lazy! Read PART I before continuing! It's supposed to be a tale and not a short story, so bear with it.

Beginning of the Sentence:
(WARNING: Graphical descriptions included! Proceed at your own risk - at worst you'll be gross out and abstain from food)

"Morning Shau Kiang! How's your day? Eaten?" quipped the doc.
I just nodded my head and waited for another 15 mins before proceeding into the "cell". Filled up some forms and lights on! Jabs in! For your information, I had 3 to 4 jabs per side (left & right - 2 wisdom tooth, remember?) and boy does it hurt that I had to squeeze my fists.

Minutes later... "Ok, I'll start with your right then I'll go with the left."
I was numbed.... whatever. My eyes were covered... guess it was simply too hard to swallow for anyone else to see except for the doc and his assistant.

Oh boy!!! Drilling starts... imagine sawing a piece of metal or stainless steel? Trust me, it 's at least 5 to 10x sharper... For as long as it was happening, I thought I was going deaf. Come to think of it, my ears don't feel quite right even now. The drilling seemed to be going on for eons. Just when i thought he was done, it came again.

Then you could feel the pulling of the teeth... the pressure... the soreness (had to bite a piece of rubber to keep my jaws open to its max)... Damn. I was traumatised!

Then came the stitching... Could feel the thread coming in and out of my mouth as it brushes the cheeks. EEEWWWWW... I think I can start to imagine what the clothes and cloth have to go through when people are sewing them together.

My left wisdom tooth was a lot more stubborn than my right... So now it's swelling on the left rather than the right. Boy... loop-sided dodo-looking puffer fish on the way!!! Whewwwwwwwwww!!!!

Op done. Doc asked me question. I answered. Felt like a baby. Can't even get a single noun right. I gave up.... My sign language was bad too. Anwayz, got 10 days of MC. Damn... I'm either gonna lose my job or my boss gonna kill me.

Got home... changed my gauze. Oh gee!!! Remember those old scary movies that have frankenstein stitched up with black wires? And those cross-sticth patterns you see on the streets? Gee!!!! My gums looked like that.

I struggled to pull my jaws open and gazed in awe.... and disgust. The doc had to cut open my gums, saw the teeth, pull back the gum (and cover it on top of other gum) and stitch it up with some other gum with black thread to keep it secured....

So can u imagine your gum (towards the cheeks)? You see bits and pieces of your flesh mingled or covered up with black thread and a dead knot? Boy oh boy... i do look like frankenstein.

Btw, did I mention that before I changed my gauze, I looked like a loop-sided puffer fish? Then after changing my gauze for the first time, I look like a comic character (la bi xiao xing) or even a monkey? And did I mention after my second change, I look like a witch (imagine an elderly with pouting lips). Boy oh boy... i didn't know I'm gd at that.

Want more graphical description? Next time! =)
Now that I''ve receieved my sentence and serving it, I got to get back in 2 weeks' time to remove my stitches... Dunno got probation not.

Come to think of it, Kinda regreted not keeping my detached teeth (or used to be until it got cut up). Could have taken a pix of them in their bloody state and post it for you all to c. Haiz.

Labels: