Thursday, July 20, 2006

ikan bilis frustrated!

Si bei xian!!! If you happen to have my MSN add, you’ll see that I’ve termed myself as ikan b!lis. And guess what? The full sentence structure speaks for itself: ikan b!lis FRUSTRATED...surrounded by irritating people - take me to another island.

Honestly speaking, I’ve been asking myself this one too many times. Am I ikan billis or a pink-back dolphin? Both are sea creatures and both contribute to the larger part of the ecosystem. But hey! Don’t you think that it’s the pink-back dolphins that get a hell lot more publicity and recognition than ikan bilis? Let me clear this. Did you ever see pink-back dolphins been fried in the pan or steamed in the pot? No. On the contrary, ikan bilis is one of the key contributors to giving you calcium and etc… coz you eat it. You see them in dishes almost anywhere and anytime. Preserved. Steamed. Roasted. You name it.

With all these hurdles and tortures in place, shouldn’t ikan bilis deserve the same honor or place as the dolphin? Same theory. Think of yourself as someone who worked really hard. You get praised. You get shit. You get praised again. This is called “a way to humor your ego”. The credit doesn’t goes to you. You look smart when all else around you doesn’t know what the heck goes on. You look stupid in the next instant after people get what they want from you and claim your credit.

It’s damn right frustrating.

For instance, I’d some arguments with regards to work the other day. And yesterday, that same person came around asking if anyone in the team knows of a campaign. She purposely asked everyone but me, And when someone in my team suggested that she should check with me instead, she exclaimed very loudly “BUT SHE DOESN’T KNOW ANYTHING!!!”

She’s damn right that I know nothing of the campaign cause none of us were working on it. Those who were are all away. BUT, that particular statement and the way she’d said it is damn right demeaning and very much uncalled for. But being the busy person that I was, I just simply replied, “well, only xxx and xxx knows about this campaign” and continued with my work. If that’s going to happen another time, I’m gonna take it up with her.

So as you can see. Ikan bilis conribute to your well-being in many ways. Yet, they get tortured like nobody’s business. They’ll praise it (think: “isn’t this dish nice”) and then they’ll flush you out of their system (think: “Dear.. I think you better pick that ugly ikan bit out of your teeth”). Get what I mean?

Then again… Perhaps I should think of it like a sanitary napkin. You search high and low for it when you need it. You heave a sigh of relief when you find it. Discard it when you’re done with it. Makes sense ya?

Labels: