Sunday, January 27, 2008

Japan Trip Dec 07 (recap) - Day 6

DAY 6 – Odaiba お台場 &  Roppongi Hills 六本木
26th Dec 07 (Wed)


Took yurikamome down to Odaiba…



To check out Tokyo Big Sight...



And Venus Fort...





Over at Venus Fort, I snooped around and found a shop selling Wanlin’s favourite TOTORO...



There was also a vintage car exihibition going on and decided to take a look...



I would love to have something like this...



There were cars from famous mangas and movies too! This was just one of them:



After viewing the exhibition, I hopped into one of the eateries at the basement and ordered a bowl of char siew ramen. There were 5 pieces of char siew in total but each of them were bigger than my palm!!! And I only paid about 900yen for it.

After my filling brunch, I headed for the Odaiba Ferris Wheel… You could choose to ride on a coloured cabin or a glass cabin. I chose the glass and had to wait for 20mins before my turn as there weren’t as many glass cabins as the coloured ones…



After a short ride, i decided to leave Odaiba and make my way to Tokyo Towers. On my way out of Odaiba, I managed to catch a shot of sunset…



Tokyo Towers was very near the Kamiyacho station but it took me about 20 mins just to find my way around Tokyo Towers… I could see it but I couldn’t get to it…



Ah... finally a night view of Tokyo from the main observatory...



After which, I met up with Jen who brought me to a restaurant nearby that served delicious Katsu don. The restaurant’s located within an office building so tourists usually won’t be able to find their way there.





And Jen was right. The katsu don was so delicious that it gave the ”crisps” sound when i bit into it and juice start oozing out... Even the cabbage was sooooo fresh that I couldn’t resist taking a few bites of it… that’s another record for me!!! Hehehee…

After a filling dinner, we brazed the chill and headed for Roppongi Hills…



I was told that people would usually meet at the spider’s...



We ventured around Roppongi Hills but didn’t want to enter the museum nor the observatory. After much thought, we decided to call it a day as both of us were tired… but not before we walked down the beautifully lighted lanes of Roppongi…

Labels: