Thursday, February 07, 2008

Japan Trip Dec 07 (recap) - Day 7 & 8 (Final)

DAY 7 & 8 – Shibuya 渋谷/ ikebukuro池袋/ Harajuku原宿
27th Dec 07 (Thurs) & 28th Dec 07 (Fri)


Ended my ‘amazing race’ with one-and-a-half days of shopping around ikebukuro, shibuya and harajuku. Simply put, I was too tired to travel anywhere far from the hotel.

But I did pay a visit to Big Camera where I got 5 photo albums in different pantone colours. Wanted to get a 3G handphone there as well, but those that were nice and meet the local requirements (i.e.: voltage and network compatibility) were expensive and cost at least S$800 without line.

Interestingly, there was also a handphone designed for kids which was waterproof and shock proof! And the design’s not bad either. Pity it was only for CDMA network.

Made another trip down to Shibuya in search of the famous Hachinko statue. But luck wasn’t by my side. I saw the wall mural but couldn’t locate the statue. Haiz… maybe next time.

Went over to a few Uniqlo branches but couldn’t find my yukata either.

Guess what? I finally found it in the uniqlo branch at Narita airport and the designs I spotted were the last pieces! I was torn between choosing one that’s in dark blue with autumn leaves and the other that’s black with pink roses. And not to mention another in white with cherry blossoms.

In the end, I decided to ask the shop assistant for her opinion and she chose the black piece with pink roses. :)

Am crossing my fingers that I will get to wear it during this year’s Natsu Matsuri (Summer Festival). Wish me luck!

Labels: