Monday, December 22, 2008

Hooray! Introducing my fold-able bike!

Got myself a (fold-able) bike over the weekend. Had went with my Dad and Tuk to a bicycle shop somewhere in AMK. After long deliberation, I'd decided to get myself a aluminum-based bike - which is supposed to be lighter.



Initially, i had wanted to get the same design as per Tuk's (which is supposed to be a lot cheaper). But after a trial, it was just not a good fit for me. The grip was too far for me and i felt like i was trying to do sit and reach just to reach the handles.

As for Dad, i got for him a mountain bike (non fold-able). He had wanted to help me "save $" by volunteering to share my bike with me. But after seeing him cycle on my bike, it was just horrendous! It's almost as if an adult was trying to fit on a bicycle fit for a kid. Before long, we decided we will each get a bike.

And that explains why i'm pretty much broke for the rest of the month.. and perhaps the next few months as well.

Haiz.. but i guess it's gonna be ok. After all, i only got one dad and it's not as if i buy him gifts regularly. And hey! It's X'mas... supposed it's alright to indulge for now... and worry (really worry) later. Hahahaha...

*P.S: By the way, my dad got me really angry earlier. He compared my brakes to his, and he started cranking up my bike and kinda screwed up my brakes altogether. I had to cycle to another bicycle shop (closer to home) to get it fixed... Oh man... i guess it's the "retirement syndrome"... nothing better to do, so must find something to do... and my bike (and I) ended as victims.

Labels: