Monday, January 04, 2010

Crap

Barely slept a wink last night.
There was the roach saga that had me in a perpetual disturbed sleep mode. And there’s the post-holiday-blues as well.

Morning came and here I am at work, still alive and kicking - though I suspect I didn’t even get past an-hour of undisturbed rest last night. And my Dad had a hand in my “liveliness” as well by freaking me out this morning with a big, fat, dead roach in his hand, less than a metre in front of me. “Thanks” for the jolt, dad. Funny.

Kinda figured that guys will always be guys. No matter how old they get or what role they play. Can’t help thinking that guys are born to annoy the hell out of girls/ women, by default. Sigh.

Last evening was great though - hanging out with Uma. (^ _ ^)
And it totally made my day when a total stranger who was standing in front (or behind us) on the escalator near LV boutique at Taka, seemed very taken in by Uma’s “cool hybrid accent” (quote). Hahaha. Not sure if I’ll ever forget that.

Nice to have a “girlie” talk every now and then.
Such opportunities are hard to come by these days though, without offending or stepping onto someone’s toes. My sarcasm’s getting way too rusty. Sheesh. Sounds weird but I’m tired of being nice almost all the time. Feels great to hone my sarcasm every now and then though I think few will ever appreciate it or that I’ll ever be good at it. Perhaps I’ll make this one of my resolutions for 2010.

It feels great to hit the books once again too. Takes my mind off things (and off reality). I need more of that.

Kinda proud of myself when I managed to stay clear from my computer for a full week. That’s quite a feat for someone who stays online almost 24/7 everyday. Guess I’ll make that one of my resolutions as well – escape from reality into the realm of fantasy, crime and suspense. Though it's gonna be real hard to make room for more books in my room. Sigh.

Labels: