Thursday, January 07, 2010

Remembering Dec '09

31st December '09 (Thurs)
Crap. Was supposed to meet the gang for countdown at one of the board game cafes, but had to back out last minute as I wasn't feeling well. Ended up re-reading the Twilight series again.


26th December '09 (Sat)
Woke up darn early and headed down to Marina Square where Kayley had her first baby gym lesson. Had lunch after her gym ended and all 5 of us went over to my sis' place to doll her up for our unofficial photoshoot. My role? To distract her from her surroundings and have her looking at Tuk's camera. She simply couldn't resist my colourful Lego Digital camera (which I used as a tool of distraction) and kept crawling forth to me. ああ~疲れちゃった。

The ladybug suit was just one of the 3 that we dolled her up in (^ 0 ^)




25th December '09 (Fri)
It's supposed to be a chill-out day where I should do nothing but stir in my bed. But given that it was Kayley's baptism ceremony, I'd to drag myself out of bed darn early and sat through a 3-hr church service. (- _ -) Not exactly the kind of thing that I would look forward to, to start my X'mas. Oh well...

After the ceremony, we headed home where Pa, Ma and Gor were very excited and couldn't wait to give Kayley her presents - and my sis and I were a wee bit jealous 'coz we had NEVER received any X'mas pressie from any of them. And that little lass just kinda got away with two! *Roll eyes*


24th December '09 (Thurs)
In-conjunction with Cheryl's birthday and also because it was X'mas Eve, we headed down to The Clay Oven Tandoor & Tavern @ Dempsey Hill with a few of her friends to celebrate. The food's ok; not fantastic though.




23rd December '09 (Wed)
Everyone in the office barely had the mood to work. So we headed to SPACE @ My Humble House (Esplanade) during lunch time and ate our guts out. The food's really nice - i.e.: the fried beancurd with seaweed, the fried carrot cake & etc. The chicken rice's nice and tender, but I personally prefer the Samsui chicken rice at The Soup Restaurant instead. As for the crab meat on watermelon... i'll say it's an acquired taste. Hahaha. But all in all, the food's not bad. (^ _ ~)



Evening: Tuk brought me to The Oriole @ The Pan Pacific Serviced Suites for early X'mas dinner. The food and service were pretty good and the atmosphere was nice too. The lighting was rather dark though.

So after we ate and had a cocktail each, we exchanged our pressies! I got him the Stitch Towel (as a decoy before I popped the real pressie) and the amazon.jp box figurine. And I got a nice 2010 organiser and calendar from him.




18th December '09 (Fri)
Took a day off to prepare for gang's annual chalet! This time, we got Aloha Loyang and the place was darn big - which was great 'coz we didn't have to have 10 over people squeezing in one room anymore.

First night, we had Lenus' home-cook food and for the second night, we went for the traditional BBQ spread. We ate so much and played so much that we remained sober even after 2am. Hahaha. And it was real fun coz we had these weird expression stickers on hand to "disfigure" the losers of each game. Oh man... it was just so darn funny.

Labels: ,