Tuesday, November 16, 2010

12th Nov (Fri) - Oslo

Since I only got a day here in Oslo, I went and got myself a 24-hr Oslo Pass from the Tourist Info counter. It's so much cheaper to get it than to spend a la carte. Of course, this is on the basis that I'm cramming all my attraction visits (most museum attractions and transport were covered under the pass and no need for additional fee) in a single day and need to keep changing transports so a la carte would have been super costly.

Places which I'd visited include:

1) Norsk Folkemuseum



2) Vikingkipshuset



3) Norsk Sjøfortmuseum
*P.S.: Nothing much to see here unless you are a maritime fan.

4) Kon-tiki museet



5) Frammuseet

6) Icebar Oslo
Apparently, the interior design of the bar changes every few months. And it's good fun only when you go with a bunch of friends 'coz it's not a free-to-walk-in-anytime kind of bar. What happens is that visitors are let in in batches every 20 mins or so. By then, the previous group had already cleared out. And the bar is actually very small. More like a room than a full-blown bar. So, although it's nice to check it out, don't get your expectations too high.

The entry fee is not covered under the Oslo Pass but you do get a discount off it. Comes with a drink.









Other than the above (which pretty much took up my day already), I went window shopping around the main station as well. Nice stuff. But too ex. So I ended up keeping my hand in my pocket most of the time to restrain myself from buying. Hahahaha.



It'll be nice to visit Oslo again and visit all the other museums (including the weird ones). But I really do need to save up to enjoy myself there. Well, for a rough gauge, I spent like SGD 80++ just for a starter soup, a fish main course and a medium glass of coke. But the food's damn nice. Still, it's expensive. In Singapore, I could get the same dishes for about the same (tasty) standard at about SGD 40 or lower. Jeez... Oh well, at least the food was good :) and I didn't have to stuff myself with another round of pizza tonight just to save $$$ since it's the last night of my entire 2-mth adventure.

Labels: