Friday, August 11, 2006

Just some updates

Very sad. Haven't actually been out to see the fireworks at the Esplanade. It's been happening for days now. Hope I'll be able to get down to it tomorrow night.

Anyway, for those who didn't know, I'll be away from S'pore for a good 11 days to Taiwan from mid sept onwards. What for? Well.. I'm gonna semi-backpack and fufill my new year resolution. I can't really go on full backpack coz i do certainly mind staying in hostels or etc that requires sharing of bathroom and toilets. No way I'm gonna walk all the way down the hall in the middle of the night just to relieve myself.

As you can see, I'm pretty much a scardy cat. But I'll take on the task to carry my backpack aka haversack around the country. Planning to go to all parts of Taiwan (not just Taipei, but all the way to Kaoshiung, the other end of Taiwan as well). So these few weeks, I've been trying to do some research on my own so that I can have a fun time later.

As for my resolutions, travelling at least once a year (semi-backpack style) is one of it. Been to Bangkok plus some other nearby thai province late last year. Next stops include: Nepal, Tibet, Vietnam, Cambodia, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Switz (if my friends are still there and I can bunk in with them... hehehee.. save $), China & etc.

I'm also planning to do lasik surgery this year. Haven't gone for check-up yet, so I wouldn't know at this point of time whether I'm suitable for this surgery. Will also need to understand more abt this surgery coz even though it's not life threatening, there's still certain risks to it. Had been thinking about this a very long time already. But for the sake of pure vanity and convinience (can you imagine if I'm to be stuck in some ulu ulu land during one of the semi-backpack trips???? Instead of sight-seeing, I'll be "blind" seeing!!!!), I'm giving it a go.

Other plans this year??? Hoping to go BKK with my family. You know what? I've never been overseas with my family before in my entire lifetime (at least to date). Not even to M'sia. I think the furthest part we'd been in s'pore is the Zoo and that was like donkey years ago (before I enter primary 1?). So I'm seriously hoping that this wkend trip (planning oct) will happen :)

Labels: